Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What to talk about?#@!

Jeez being in a long drought of purposelessness and joblessness is really energy draining and messes up the mind. Everyone in my same size of shoes say aye!
The 1st time one experiences this is after WASSCE where he/she has to stay at home for months anxiously waiting for the results to be released so as to know if he/she made it into the university of 1st choice. The next long drought usually comes during an ASUU strike (which occurs once or twice before a typical Nigerian student graduates) or during a forced shut down of the school cos of student riots or massive cultism related deaths. Thereafter is the drought after school awaiting call-up and NYSC and the next, the job hunt or scouting around for places for masters as the case maybe.... Help!
These droughts usually start the same way: at first you're excited you're through with a major exam or whatever; you're free as a bird - no school, no books, no nothing! You're like yippee, time to party and have fun!!! A month later you are well spent, bored and looking for an activity to engage yourself in because like it or not that's what gives life a meaning and purpose - productivity.
Are you kidding me? I'm sitting on my bed and for the 1st time, typing a blog post on my laptop (have always used my phone) and I can't even come up with a topic to write on. Yeah so I decided to write about writing a post so here it is...I give a shout out to my friends and hope they are faring better than I am. Don't let it get to you and don't let yourself grow fat with mum's food!
It should be a sort of compliment to be in a drought cos it's an evidence that you passed through previous others too and emerged a conqueror... We will conquer this and hopefully our next drought in the future will be on what to do with the wealth we've been accumulating.
One day I'll look back and remember writing this, how I felt and all I said. To the future us, to being in droughts on how to make Nigeria a better place, to life and health.... Good night folks and thelish!

No comments:

Post a Comment